Contact & Locations
Contact & Locations
The friendly staff at Star Medical Associates welcomes your call and looks forward to serving you. If you have any questions about our healthcare services, please call our office at (940) 382-6900 in Denton, Texas, or (469) 301-2300 in Frisco, Texas. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Rani Anbarasu, you can call us or use our secure online appointment request form.
Our regular office hours vary by location:
- Monday – Friday: 8:30 am – 5:30 pm
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 8:30 am – 5:30 pm
- Wednesday: 8:30 am – 12:30 pm
In the event of a life-threatening medical emergency, call emergency medical services at 911 immediately. DO NOT WAIT! Inform the emergency room staff that you are a patient of Dr. Rani Anbarasu at Star Medical Associates, and they will contact us.
If you have an urgent medical need and need to talk to Dr. Rani Anbarasu after our regular hours, please call (940) 577-3399. A doctor is on-call 24 hours a day. Your call will be returned promptly.
Please leave us the following information with your message:
- Patient name
- Patient date of birth
- Nature of the call
- Call-back number where you can be reached
- Patient medication allergies
At Star Medical Associates, we accept Medicare and most major insurance plans. Please contact your insurance company or you may call our office at (817) 997-4731 to find out if we accept your plan.
If your insurance plan requires you to pay a co-payment, co-insurance, and/or a deductible, you will need to pay at the time of your visit. For your convenience we accept cash, checks, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express.
If you have a question related to your bill or insurance, please contact our billing specialists at (817) 997-4731.
If Dr. Rani Anbarasu suggests a specialist evaluation or diagnostic testing that requires a referral, we will make every effort to provide this for you as soon as possible.
Some referrals require insurance preauthorization and cannot be processed immediately. Insurance guidelines prohibit us from backdating referrals. We require three business days for the processing of routine referrals.
Dr. Rani Anbarasu at Star Medical Associates has hospital and surgery center affiliations with:
Refills will be processed within 3 business days of receipt of your request – not including weekends or holidays. For example, refill requests received on a Friday will be processed the following week and will be completed by Wednesday. It is helpful to anticipate your refill needs to avoid an interruption in your medication therapy.
Below are our guidelines regarding prescription medication refills:
- Unless otherwise directed by your provider, maintenance medications such as blood pressure, diabetes, cholesterol, and thyroid drugs will be approved if patient has had an office visit within the last 3 months.
- Narcotics and other controlled substances, such as ADD/ADHD medications and sleep aids, will require a visit every 3 months unless otherwise directed by your provider.
- Antibiotics will not be automatically refilled because an in-office visit is required.
- Call us at (940) 382-6900 for our Denton office and (469) 301-2300 for our Frisco office
- Select option #2 for prescription refills
- Leave the following information in your voicemail message:
- Date of birth
- Daytime phone number
- Medication name and dose (for example, “Lipitor, 20mg”)
- Pharmacy name
- Pharmacy phone number